Stories of Scotland
Join us as we explore Scotland’s rich tradition of myths, legends and stories on two five night tours of Scotland! We will immerse ourselves in the dramatic and verdant landscape of Scotland in the Spring whilst hearing tales of Faeries and Kelpies; explore formidable (and sometimes haunted!) castles and houses with bloody histories, dark legends, and tales of secret trysts; and find pubs to settle down in with a wee dram of Uisge Beatha or a pint of craft beer at the end of the day with some toe-tapping music thrown in for good measure.
This set of small group tours seeks to explore Scotland by combining highlights such as Edinburgh and Stirling Castles and Loch Ness with off the beaten path locations which serve as a backdrop for stories that convey its spirit. We aim to weave together history and legend in order to fully appreciate the complex fabric of Scotland today.
- Castles such as Stirling, Brodie, Cawdor, Edinburgh, Gilnockie and Urquhart
- Lunch and Craft Beer Tasting at The Loch Ness Brewery
- Tour and Tasting at a Distillery
- An Evening of Storytelling
- Traditional Music
- Tour and Craft Beer Tasting at Traquair House
- Dryburgh Abbey
- Tour of Edinburgh’s infamous Vaults
- Dumfries House
- Sir Walter Scott’s Abbotsford House
- Robert Burns Birthplace Center
- Pictish Stones and Stone Circles